Monday 4 July 2016

The lady who was bullied for wearing a short dress to a wedding speaks out



Remember the lady who was ridiculed for wearing a short dress to a wedding? She is a fitness and nutrition coach named Liz Krueger from Minneapolis and she has hit back at the criticism by starting her own hashtag, #KruegerKindness, to inspire women to do kind things for each other.

 Mrs Krueger, in late june, uploaded a photo of her wearing the dress on Instagram with the caption:
 'If only I knew that choosing this dress for a wedding on a 90 degree day meant so many women would be out rightly rude to me, and even come up behind me slap my ass as I'm standing alone. It was a dare from her friends, bc I was a target".
And then proceed to spill a full beer spilt down my arm. Just one of maaaaany acts of kindness of the night. Yup. That happened. Good thing for thick skin, being able to laugh at things and not take it personally, and good friends/hubby by my side #adultsarebullystoo .' Regardless, we had one heck of a fun night and no "grown" women's comments/glares could bring me down as a wedding guest:)
Mrs Krueger also took to Facebook to thank a popular U.S blogger Constance Hall, for supporting and defending. She wrote:
 'She gets me. She supports me. And guess what? She doesn't even know me. I am not playing a victim. I am not attention seeking. I am not vain. I am not slutty. I was not trying to upstage a bride. I didn't have an agenda when I put on this dress. I'm not trying to name names or call anyone out. I'm not "a model trying to heighten my career. I'm sticking up for myself and my body, and the fact I can post about a bad experience I had at a wedding. Did I know it would go viral? Ummm no. I post every single day, but clearly this struck a cord with society.'
She said she posted it  to bring attention to the fact that women don't treat each other well' and that she hoped women would stop being disrespectful. She also penned a post explaining that when she attended the wedding, her intent was simply to 'accompany my friend to a wedding, and have a fun girls night.'
 'A dress does not warrant being harassed by a group of girls, to make me feel like I was in middle school again. I think everyone in this situation learned a lesson, myself included. Be nice to each other. It's what we learn as little kids. Why can't we do it as adults?' She wrote
The fitness and nutrition coach posted a number of pictures of herself wearing dresses to Instagram captioned with 'the many looks of Liz Krueger' and started her hashtag #kruegerkindness on Sunday morning.
 'I'm starting my own kindness movement #KruegerKindness! Whether it's just a party of 1 (me), or others want to join me! I'm going to actively make it a priority to do good things for other women, every single day from here on out,' she wrote. 'I'm hoping to inspire others to do the same, just as I have with fitness journey. 
 'A movement for women, by women, and it's starting with me! If you want to join me in this movement, share your stories on social media with #KruegerKindness and let's kill all the mean girls with kindness.'
More photos of Liz Krueger ...







No comments:

Post a Comment

GOD HELP OUR NATION BY KENNY22